RCNP faculty position
Wednesday, January 18th, 2023
Research Center for Nuclear Physics (RCNP) at Osaka University has an opening for Specially Appointed Assistant Professor to begin April 2023. We appreciate applications by strong candidates.
1)Positions: A few openings for Specially Appointed Assistant Professor
2)Research Fields: Experimental, theoretical, or accelerator research in nuclear physics and related fields being conducted by RCNP. The places of work may include not only RCNP but also SPring-8, J-PARC branch, KEK branch, and KAMIOKA.
3)Requirement: Doctor degree (or expecting to receive it before April 1st, 2023)
4)Employment period: Four years starting from April 1st, 2023. *The third year of employment, a review will be conducted, and one candidate deemed especially outstanding will be transferred to an assistant professor (tenure) position after the expiration of his/her employment period.
5)Probation Period: 6 months
6)Workstyle: following the rule of the Osaka University standard. See the document number 38 of the work regulation from the URL indicated in 14. Miscellaneous (1).
7)Salary: following the rule of the Osaka University standards. See the document number 48 of the work regulations from the URL indicated in 14. Miscellaneous (1).
8)Insurance: Medical insurance and employee’s pension insurance of the Federation of National Public Service Personnel Mutual Aid Associations, Employment Insurance and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance.
9)Selection method: based on application documents. We may ask interview in case needed.
* For applicants residing overseas, the applicant may request an online interview.
* Please note that unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
10) Application deadline: February 17, 2023.
(2) Publication list
(3) Copy of important publications (up to three) (Indicate them in the publication list of (2))
(4) A brief description of research experiences
(5) A brief description of research plan
(6) Names and contact addresses (e-mails) of two reference persons
12) Way of submission: Prepare all the above application materials (1)-(6) combined in a single PDF file. Please contact the following address one week before the deadline or earlier and ask the method to send:
Director Professor Takashi Nakano
Research Center for Nuclear Physics (RCNP), Osaka University
*Please make the subject line "Applications for Specially Appointed Assistant Professor "
*If you have not received instructions on how to send your application within 3 days of sending it, please be sure to contact us at the above address.
13) For detailed information on the position, please contact: email: email@example.com
- Director Professor Takashi Nakano
(1) Work regulations of Osaka University are described on the following page: https://www.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/guide/information/joho/kitei_shugyou.html
(2) RCNP, Osaka University serves an opportunity under gender equality.
(3) URL: http://www.rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp/ Osaka University is a non-smoking campus.
Recruiter: National University Corporation Osaka University
Director of RCNP